Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Friday, February 17, 2017
Are you old enough to remember the original Pong? I used to play it at the local bowling alley. It was just as fun as the bowling.
Cirlce Pong! is okay. Though I'd like to see the black ball move slower, at least at the beginning.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Unquestionably, crosswords are the most popular of all puzzles in the US and the world. The NY Times crossword puzzle gets gradually harder through the week. Monday's the easiest, Friday & Saturday are the hardest. Sunday has the biggest crossword.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
What's particularly good:
1. Sometimes the image is on the right, or left or up or down.
2. Multiple colors
3. The skulls - don't count them as part of the original image.
4. Countdown markers: every 5 or 10 seconds, the program will add fake squares to your image.
There's a lot to like about Symmetria: Path to Perfection. We should all be playing games like this to ward off Alzheimer's.
Monday, February 13, 2017
A major problem I have with Room Escapes is the absence of a plot. I just can't do these on a regular basis.
Friday, February 10, 2017
The graphics are quite good.
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
I like the idea. But the arrows flash by just too quickly. There should be a gradual increase in speed.
Note to all Indie App Developers: your icon must be fantastic!
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
At the moment, I'm stuck on level 25.
Monday, February 6, 2017
2. If the silver ball has too many rebounds before all the goals are met, you lose.
3. Very Interesting: Look at the 2nd image. See the black circles that resemble clocks? When the silver ball passes over them, certain reflectors change direction. Most of the reflectors: you can change the direction by tapping. But not all.
4. Love This: You can pause the round midway to rethink how you're going to get the last set of red balls.
Level 9 I thought was impossible. Clever problem.
The paid version has 24 levels for $.99.
Friday, February 3, 2017
Every 10 years, there is a census in the US to determine the redistricting of congressional seats. Some states gain seats, some lose.
There are 72 levels and they go pretty fast. I solved them all.
1. The graphics are excellent.
2. These problems could be made harder. For example: every district must be won by a color. If a district has 7 squares, blue wins automatically with 4. However, it could also win with just 3 squares, if the remaining are 2 red and 2 yellow.
This is a good game. It's original, fun and free.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Are you ready for a new, fun, and challenging take on maze games? With Mirror Maze, your movements are mirrored as you try to complete mazes of varying complexity and difficulty. Packed with three maze collections containing 60 unique mazes, ranging from simple to complex. As if that weren't enough, four different game modes will add even more challenge.
If you like Mirror Maze - A Different Kind of Maze Game, then definitely give MirriM a try.
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
1. The power source - it can rotate. Usually, it's fixed in place.
2. There's a time limit and move limit. For example, you have to solve the puzzle within 60 moves and within 2 minutes.
3. If you lose, a new level is generated randomly so you can't memorize anything.
4. Supposedly, something cool happens on levels 56 & 57. But I didn't get that far.
My advice for this game - as well as many others - let players jump around. Puzzle Gamers don't have time to play everything, nor every level of every individual game.
The graphics are good. And, there is a free version. If you've never played a pipe rotating game, give this a try.
Monday, January 30, 2017
We've seen puzzles like this in the past.
1. The higher levels have rectangular shapes, which obviously makes it harder.
2. I did the first dozen levels pretty quickly, but I've tackled this genre before so I knew how to approach it.
3. I skipped to 100 and really liked the strange shapes. But still solved it fairly quickly.
4. Then I jumped to 150: very tough!
5. Love the graphics.
Friday, January 27, 2017
The graphics are charming.
Other Very Good Puzzles that have a sticky element (not quite the same though):
Tile'M All This version is crazy hard.
Blockoban - a must have
Move on Green
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Crosses Puzzles: Unlimited Domino comes from Yufeng Long. The object is to get all the crosses to become white. Each cross can be in 1 of 4 positions: Red (right), Green (down), Yellow (left) and White (up).
When a green cross becomes yellow, if it points to another cross on its left, then that cross will rotate too. Solving 1 cross can lead to the un-solving of its neighbors because there is often a chain reaction.
There's a lot to like about Crosses Puzzles: Unlimited Domino. The graphics are nice. The puzzles start out easy and gradually, I was able to come up with a system. But then the harder questions made me rethink that.
I especially like that there are only 60 levels. Of those, I've done 29 and am stuck on 30.https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crosses-puzzles-unlimited/id1094198433?mt=8
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Ken made another game called Solokus which I liked.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Monday, January 23, 2017
Just out of curiosity, I later searched the App Store for cockroach and found at least 2 dozen other puzzles dealing with manual extermination. Some have images of individual fingers squishing all sorts of Blattodea.